ASHT Pty Ltd t/as Adelaide Hospitality and Tourism School and Gateway Training is bound by the Federal Government’s Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. The Legislation includes ten National Privacy Principles that set out how private sector organisations should collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal information.
The principles also give individuals a right to know what information an organisation holds about them and the right to amend it if it is incorrect. There are special provisions for sensitive information.
Under this Act an organisation must have a policy document outlining its information handling practices and make the document available to anyone on request.
The Privacy Act gives you a number of rights including the following:
- You must be told why personal information is being collected and whether it can be given to anyone else;
- You have the right to request access to the information held about you and if necessary to have it corrected so that it is accurate, complete and up to date;
- You have the right to have your personal information stored securely and protected from unauthorised access or misuse;
- You have the right to know how your personal information will be used;
- If you believe your privacy has been infringed you can make a complaint.
Why we collect information
ASHT Pty Ltd collects personal information from you:
- To ensure you can be notified in the case of any booking change(s);
- For marketing purposes. (Information used for this purpose does not disclose the identity of any person to any other parties);
- Where it is required by a third party (eg insurer, tour operator etc.). A third party will be required to hold this information in confidence;
- And (in the case of students or trainees): To ascertain that you meet our enrolment guidelines for the course(s) you have applied to undertake;
- To assist in the case of an emergency
What information we hold about you
ASHT Pty Ltd holds personal information supplied by you. In addition, (for students and/or trainees), we keep results and may hold copies or originals of assessed work.
Disclosure of your information
Your information will be used to assess your eligibility for a course(s), employment or tour/holiday and to maintain contact with you.
In some instances it may be necessary for ASHT Pty Ltd to release personal information relating to your transaction to insurers and/or regulatory auditors. The insurers and auditors will be required to hold this information in confidence.
If you have submitted a resume, it will only be disclosed to a third party employer with your approval.
Access to information
Should you wish to see what information we hold about you, you may be asked to submit a written request to the Director of ASHT Pty Ltd. Proof of identity will be required to ensure information is not disclosed to the wrong person. Some information may not be immediately available but we will attempt to deal with requests quickly.
Storage and security of information
Our security systems control access to record storage areas and electronic information is password protected. All staff are bound by the ASHT Pty Ltd Confidentiality Policy.
Making a complaint
If you believe that your privacy has been infringed, your concerns may be addressed in writing to a Director of ASHT Pty Ltd. If you are not satisfied with our response you can refer your complaint to the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
If you would like any further information, please call (08) 8223 1818